[Moin-user] Problems with migration 1.5.3 --> 1.6.0

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Wed Jan 2 19:39:42 EST 2008

> =>1) in my opionion the moin-command for data migration is not the
> =>   same as moin.cgi, which is - as far as I know - "only" responsible
> =>   for deliviering your HTML-page according to your browser request.

Right. The moin command needed for migration (and other commandline
stuff) should get installed into your path. Or, if you do not install
via setup.py, you can just use MoinMoin/script/moin.py.

> =>   So it seems to me that you have seen your HTML output - still uncon-
> =>   verted to 1.6.0

moin.cgi is expected to output html (to some web server invoking it),
but is not expected to be used on the commandline (except for testing
whether it outputs html :).

> everything seemed to be ok. Pages displayed just fine. Since then, I
> didn't change anything and now it's all broken.

?

What does it mean "pages displayed just fine" and then "all broken"?
Looks like there is some information missing: what happened in between?
What exactly means "all broken"?

> I go to
> http://frambors.syslang.net/nicciwiki/FraminghamWikiFrontPage
>
> and it now says "This page does not exist yet. You can create a new empty
> page, or use one of the page templates...."

Did you maybe do the conversion as root and not change the
user/group/mode afterwards back to correct values?

> and I see a couple of copies. What I'm noticing is that every copy of the
> revisions files are one short:

No, it is one more (because the converter creates a new revision with
the conversion results).

> When I go to display the page, apache gives me an error in its error.log:

Which error?

> [Wed Jan 02 09:51:08 2008] [error] [client 12.198.241.225] 095108 INFO
> logging initialized, referer:
> http://frambors.syslang.net/nicciwiki/moin.cgi/FraminghamWikiFrontPage

That's not an error.