[Moin-user] openid problem: OpenID error: return_to does not match return URL

Richard Taylor rjt-moin at thegrindstone.me.uk
Mon Aug 18 10:22:39 EDT 2008

Hi

I am trying to get OpenID working on the PyConUK conference wiki
(http://www.pyconuk.org/community).

I am using:
	moin-1.7.1
	python-openid-2.1.1 (I tried python-openid-2.2.1 as well but got the
same error)

If I set an OpenID association with an existing user through the
preferences page I can login with the OpenID OK. However when I attempt
to login with a new OpenID and create a new user name or associate with
an existing user name I get the following error after I click on 'Choose
this name" on the page:
http://www.pyconuk.org/community?action=login&login=1&oidstage=1&stage=openid...

"""
OpenID error: return_to does not match return URL. Expected
'http://www.pyconuk.org/community?action=login&login=1&oidstage=1&stage=openid',
got
u'http://www.pyconuk.org/community?action=login&login=1&oidstage=1&stage=openid&janrain_nonce=2008-08-18T14%3A09%3A14ZLZE5ly&openid1_claimed_id=http%3A%2F%2Fclaimid.com%2Fhippy'.
"""

I have tracked down where the error is generated from but I do not
understand why the problem is occurring:

	openid/consumer/consumer.py:

	    def _verifyReturnToArgs(query):
	        # Make sure all non-OpenID arguments in the response are also
	        # in the signed return_to.
		bare_args = message.getArgs(BARE_NS)
         	for pair in bare_args.iteritems():
             		if pair not in parsed_args:
                 		raise ProtocolError("Parameter %s not in return_to
URL" % (pair[0],))

This produces the error: "Parameter username not in return_to URL".

Can anyone suggest what might be the problem?

Regards

Richard