[Moin-user] common user homepages

Ted Stern dodecatheon at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 13:19:53 EDT 2008

On 05 Aug 2008 00:20:26 -0700, mail at heavy.ch wrote:

> Hi Ted
>
> Then you need to put your wikies also in the InterWiki Map (search
> for intermap.txt in your data dir) like: HeavyWiki http://www.heavy.ch/
>
> and also check that you use in your wikiconfig-xy.py the same
> interwikiname like:
> interwikiname = 'HeavyWiki'
>
> with the parameter cookie_domain = 'heavy.ch' you could also use a
> "single login" for every wiki (only working if you use different
> "sub"-domains and not /pathnames for your wikies) see
> http://moinmo.in/HelpOnSessions
>
> bye
> Marcel

Thanks Marcel, but this is still not quite clear.

I have several wikis, run as a farm:

            http://foo.bar.com/OneWiki/
            http://foo.bar.com/TwoWiki/
            http://foo.bar.com/ThreeWiki/
            http://foo.bar.com/FourWiki/

I set

        user_homewiki = 'OneWiki'

and 'OneWiki' is already an entry in intermap.txt.  It seems like I
would not want to change the interwiki name for TwoWiki, ThreeWiki or
FourWiki, would I?  Because then other pages would get screwed up if I
tried to link between wikis.

When I'm on TwoWiki, how does MoinMoin know that the wiki page
TedStern is actually a homepage on OneWiki?  It clearly works for my
personal homepage when I'm logged in, but I don't see how it can work
for other users.  If I'm logged in as TedStern, I'd like to be able to
click on

           http://foo.bar.com/FourWiki/JoeUser

and be taken directly to

           http://foo.bar.com/OneWiki/JoeUser

instead.

Ted

--
 Frango ut patefaciam -- I break so that I may reveal