[Moin-user] migrate command - 1.6.2 to 1.6.3

Poor Yorick net.sourceforge.lists.moin-user at pooryorick.com
Mon Apr 28 08:57:37 EDT 2008

Thomas Waldmann wrote:
 >> I'm trying to find the magic value to migrate a 1.6.2 wiki to 1.6.3, so far,

[SNIP]

 > How do you tell it is "not migrated"?

 >> 	/path/to/www/www Calling migration script for /path/to/var/moin-1.6.3/data,
 >> 	base revision 1060300
 >
 > Well, if it tells the base revision is 1060300 (1.6.3), then obviously
 > your are running it on a data_dir that already is at 1.6.3 level.

[SNIP]

 > --config-dir must point to the directory where your wiki config(s)
 > is(are) stored (I guess that's correct above).
 >
 > --wiki-url is the URL of the wiki you want to migrate (farm configs can
 > have multiple wikis and that is the way to tell moin which wiki you want
 > to migrate). Note that this is a URL (but without http:// !) and NOT a
 > filesystem path.

[SNIP]

 > All incorrect.
 >
 >> 	--wiki-url=www.mydomain.com/secure/wiki.cgi
 >
 > This is maybe correct. It simply has to be a value that would invoke the
 > correct wiki when entered in the browser (just strip http(s):// from the
 > beginning).

I assumed that if the migration was successful, data would be moved or copy
from the old data path:

	/path/to/var/moin-1.6.2/data

to the new data path:

	/path/to/var/moin-1.6.3/data

But that doesn't happen, so I assumed the migration failed.  From your reply, I
guess the migration is done in-place.  Is that correct?  I also don't
understand where the script would get the idea that the data is already at
level 1060300, when the meta file in the old data directory says 1060100.  I
guess at this point I could just copy the data files into the new data
directory, but I'd like to understand how this works for future reference.
It's also a little mystifying to me that although only one of the --wiki-url
values I tried was possibly correct, I got the same "result" with all of
them:  "migration is complete"

--
Yorick