[Moin-user] Timeouts on editing pages

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Tue May 8 12:12:10 EDT 2007

On 5/8/07, Jon Hill <jon at epcc.ed.ac.uk> wrote:
> > On Tue, 2007-05-08 at 15:48 +0100, Jon Hill wrote:
> > > I've had a vague description on timeouts occurring when a user is
> > > editing a page. He clicks edit, starts typing away and then clicks
> > > preview or save only for the webserver to timeout. Just to
> > eliminate
> > > possibilities, is there
> > > *anything* in MoinMoin that could be causing this behaviour? I find
> > > this very unlikely, but I have to ask anyway :)
>
> I've established that this is a broswer timeout with the "server not
> available" message. Unlikely to be MoinMoin then....

We used to get this problem when pages where saved and when they
updated their UserPreferences. It was related to performance problems
because there were a *ton* of users and moin was spending a lot of
time scanning to see who had subscribed to the page.

We upgraded the server and switched from cgi to mod_python.

--
Matthew Nuzum
www.bearfruit.org