[Moin-user] http authentication works with Apache but not MoinMoin

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Mon Jun 11 08:59:04 EDT 2007

> Yes.  If /test contains htdocs/ underlay/ server/ and data/, should Apache
> require http auth on the /test directory or one of the other directories?
>
>> Does the above mean you put data/ under documentroot?
>
> No.

Apache should not access anything else than moin.cgi (or moin.fcg or
...) and the htdocs (css, img, js) stuff.

Under no circumstances apache should (give) access (to) data/ directory.

> "User_autocreate = True" will create a new user preferences file for a user
> that hasn't logged in before and will load an existing file for a user who
> has logged in prior, and all this will work with http auth?

It should.

> I verifed the AUTH_TYPE and REMOTE_USER environment variables by http auth
> protecting a different directory and then accessing a script in that
> directory, which prints out all %ENV variables:
>
> AUTH_TYPE = Basic
> REMOTE_USER = gmayes

Does this also work when you name your script moin.cgi and put it into
the same place as the real moin.cgi is?

If yes, please change the auth.py to read:

def http(...):
     elif not isinstance(request, RequestCLI):
         env = request.env
         request.log(repr(env))         <- add this line

And then look into your log. You can add more request.log() calls at
other places to see why it does not work for you.