[Moin-user] More post-1.5.3 confusion

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Mon Jul 16 17:02:21 EDT 2007

Seeing that the 152_to_1050300.py script looked pretty innocuous I ran it
against all five of my wiki data directories.  Then I looked at the
post-1.5.3 migration stuff.  This step seems pretty straightforward:

  a) First switch to the user of your data directory (www-data normally):
      e. g. sudo -u www-data sh
      or su www-data

but I can't tell what this means:

  b) Invoke the following command:
      moin --config-dir=/path/to/config_dir --wiki-url=wiki.example.org/
      migration data

If my wiki's data directory and wikiconfig.py file are in
/usr/share/moin/mywiki is that considered to be my "config_dir"?  I run five
wikis all under the same base url but with different paths, e.g.:

    http://www.mycompany.com/mywiki
    http://www.mycompany.com/theirwiki
    http://www.mycompany.com/wikinumberthree
    etc.

So should the wiki-url command line flag be (for example)
"www.mycompany.com/mywiki" or "www.mycompany.com/mywiki/" or something else?
Why no "http://" prefix?

It would be nice if the migration instructions were quite standalone and
didn't assume a lot of familiarity with the structure of the Moin instance
or Moin-specific terminology.  I've been running Moin for quite awhile, but
it's also been a very long time since I upgraded, so bit rot has set in in a
big way.

Thx,

--
Skip Montanaro - skip at pobox.com - http://www.webfast.com/~skip/