[Moin-user] Cannot stay logged in

Roger Haase crosseyedpenguin at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 16 11:24:55 EST 2007

> On 1/11/07, Edmund Lian < elian at inbrief.net> wrote:

Hi,

I've got a wierd problem... all of a sudden, I get logged out of
Moinmoin after logging in successfully. That is, clicking on any link
after logging in results in my status changing to logged out. I
cannot edit any page at all.

The behaviour holds regardless of whether I use Firefox or Safari on
Mac OS X, and no other user has this problem. I am the Wiki admin.

I've tried deleting cookies, changing cookie lifetimes, restarting
the server, clearing the cache, all to no avail. What else can I do
to fix the problem?
---------

I am jumpin in late here and had to cut and paste from the archives.
Sorry for mangling the message.

If this is still unsolved, your might try adding the following to your
wikiconfig.py:
    cookie_path = '/'
    cookie_domain = '/'

I added the above after having a weird problem with an earlier version
of Opera (8.5 something).  I still have a home-grown version of login
and set the moin cookie with my own code.  While testing my code, I
found that there was an inconsistency in the domain I set for the
cookie and the domain Opera demanded it reside in before passing it
back to the application.  My solution was to always stuff the cookie in
the root.  Without the above, the cookie had a domain of mywiki/ or /
and Opera demanded it be the opposite.

This is grasping for straws, but my thought is that since you are the
wiki admin, you may have an unusual network connection and may be
switching domains in the login process, thus setting the cookie for one
domain and trying to retrieve it later from another.

Roger