[Moin-user] MoinMoin behind proxy - internal port showing up here and there

Marcin Kasperski Marcin.Kasperski at softax.com.pl
Thu Dec 13 05:43:10 EST 2007

I am using moinmoin at twisted hidden behind nginx reverse proxy.  In
general it works great (and seems noticeably faster than Apache
FastCGI installation I used before). So I have

   public.site:80/WikiPage  =[proxy]=> localhost:8080/WikiPage
         {nginx}                             {moin at twisted}

Unfortunately, from time to time moinmoin happens to redirect
the user to the internal url (localhost:8080/SomePage), or
publishes links with such an address. Those links fail for the
user. Would MoinMoin restrict to relative links (as it does in
most cases), everything would work correctly.

The most apparent such case I found is the title search. It works well
when there are 2 or more replies (or no replies) - the reply page is
displayed and provides correct links. But in case exactly one matching
page is found, I get redirect to the internal URL of this page.

I also observed similar problems in some editing scenarios, although
I did not track them down enough to understand what exactly happens.

(observed on MoinMoin 1.5.3 - the version from Debian stable, if the
problems were corrected later, let me know, maybe this will be some
incencitive to deviate from 'packages only' policy)