[Moin-user] [[]] much simpler to type than [""]?

Boris Callens boris.callens.osv at fedex.com
Wed Aug 8 03:32:11 EDT 2007

Also I think you are not typing on a qwerty keyboard :P
Where the [] keys are but one stroke.
Your name sounds very Dutch if I'm not mistaking.

But I do support your request. I woule even like to encourage a complete
review of the moinmoin syntax.
Too many quircks exist. But I saw there are already such requests on the
moinmoin pages.

JM2cts

Boris

On Tue, 07 Aug 2007 23:14:25 +0200, mail at heavy.ch <mail at heavy.ch> wrote:

> Am Dienstag, den 07.08.2007, 22:25 +0200 schrieb rupert THURNER:
>> hi,
>>
>> would it be very complicated to simplify wiki markup from difficult to
>> type [" to [[ ? where would be the drawback?
>
> The [[macro(parameter)]] are used for macros:
> - http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/HelpOnMacros
>
> But you can use CamelCase or [:linkto:text] More Information are
> available under:
> - http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/HelpOnLinking
>
> cya
> Marcel
>

>> the reason is that typing [ on most keyboards requires "altgr" key or
>> two keys, and " is on half of the keyboards on the other half, and
>> requires the shift key. so typing [[]] is ¨very quick compared to
>> [""].
>>
>> rupert.

Boris Callens
FedEx