[Moin-user] wiki syntax

George Georgalis george at galis.org
Thu Apr 26 01:57:20 EDT 2007

On Tue, Mar 27, 2007 at 12:52:21PM +0100, John J Lee wrote:
>On Mon, 26 Mar 2007, George Georgalis wrote:
>
>> I'd like to reference /non-wiki/doc.html within a wiki
>> page. Presently the domain is a "staging" one, so
>> [http://staging.domain.com/non-wiki/doc.html doc]
>> is not a good option, all the wiki pages will need
>> changing when it goes to production.
>>
>> Looking at HelpOnLinking, I don't see anything on
>> "external to the wiki but same virtural domain"
>> types of links. Is that posible?
>>
>> ...I tried taking the protocol and domain part out
>> by editing the source of gui after I got it right
>> with the full domain, and that doesn't work. :-\
>>
>> I expect this feature will not be supported, but
>> hope someone know how to wiki it up...
>

>At least if the URLs are fairly flat, you could use InterWiki syntax.
>Edit data/intermap.txt to add a new InterWiki moniker (let me know if you
>figure out how to do it through editing a wiki page, which the docs seem
>to imply is possible, but I couldn't figure out...).
>
>e.g. from the standard intermap.txt of an InterWiki moniker that refers to
>a non-wiki URL:
>
>RFC http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc
>

>So you then just write RFC:3986 in your wiki markup.

that works really nice. of course the problem (requirement) has
changed, but that's expected.

I think the note you found in data/intermap.txt was just about
editing the web page
http://moinmaster.wikiwikiweb.de/InterWikiMap
(eventually going in the next release), not the configuration
file-- that would require a server restart.

// George