[Moin-user] RSS and Moin 1.5.7

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Sat Apr 21 13:44:32 EDT 2007

> on the sf page it is stated that "PyXML is no longer maintained".

Yes, but it still works. :)

> Are there plans to move to a maintained package ?

If some developer cares, maybe.

I personally have lots of higher priority projects than the RSS feed
currently (and I don't even use the RSS feed myself), but I would help
integrating a patch if some developer cares for moving it to another
framework and tests it with different setups and with the validator.

Maybe even some testing with the builtin xml support of different python
versions would help. IIRC, the python xml guys think that all essential
bugfixes that python-xml did are also in python stdlib now.

I have no idea for which python versions this is true (or at least
enough for what moin uses) to work without pyxml.

We also need good code to check versions of the installed xml support
(to determine whether we can offer RSS feed or not and also for display
on SystemInfo).