[Moin-user] Installing moinmoin 1.5.5a as non-root user

Thomas Heller theller at ctypes.org
Fri Oct 27 14:09:45 EDT 2006

I was trying to install a public moinmoin wiki on a server
where I do not have root access.

Apparently this is not possible.

The createinstance.sh script complains because I cannot
"chown www-data.www-data $INSTANCE" (premission denied).

Ok, I thought, make it world accessible, and try it out.
After I've tried several pages in the web browser, moinmoin
created some cache subdirectories which I cannot access (or delete)
from the command line - again, permission denied.

Hm, I cannot even remove the crap that has been created without asking
the admin to help me.

Is this normal?

Thomas