[Moin-user] wikiname_add_spaces ??

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Fri Oct 20 05:11:44 EDT 2006

Conal Elliott schrieb:
> Is the UserPreferences option "Add spaces to displayed wiki names"
> (wikiname_add_spaces) supposed to work or not?
You should see that in the navigation area of the page. "CamelCase"
should render as "Camel Case".

> discusion<http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/MoinMoinBugs/AddSpacesToWikiNames>from
>
> 2005 suggesting that the feature was to be removed, but the option
> still shows up in my very recent  MoinMoin.  If it works, I'd like to use
> it, and if it's broken, I'd like to hide it from users.
Maybe it is only partly working / removed right now.

I suggest that you disable this option in userprefs and just put a blank
where you want to see one.

The problem with that "feature" is that the output quality of the "add
space magic" depends on the language - for english it is mostly ok, but
for languages that liketostickwordstogether (like e.g. German), this
feature mostly works not (or is even annoying).

So the easiest thing that generally works is to just remove that feature
and not do any magic.