[Moin-user] XML-RPC authentication

nuno baldaia nuno at tomatique.com
Fri Nov 10 05:01:26 EST 2006

Hello

I'm looking for a way to authenticate MoinMoin users using XML-RPC.

I'm developing an external editor (Eclipse plugin) for the MoinMoin
wiki using the Wiki RPC Inteface 2 and I need a remote authentication
mechanism.

I've tried the WhoAmI script and macro to test the remote
authentication and It worked fine with http authentication but I do
not want to use http authentication. I'd rather like to use the
MoinMoin default user authentication/registration behaviour to avoid
extra server configurations.

Is there any way to use the cookie based authentication, letting
users register itself using the UserPreferences, and then allow
remote authentication of that user?

Thanks,
nuno