[Moin-user] [suggest]can MoinMoin support Chinese content switch like metawiki?

Zoom.Quiet zoom.quiet at gmail.com
Thu May 25 08:42:06 EDT 2006

On 5/25/06, Rux Li <rux.li3 at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
yeah! and suport this level is can make MoinMoin lovely every in
Chinese user group!

> > Another level is word (or phrase) translation.
> We can't do this, sorry. This is the domain of translation software, not
> wiki engines.
i gree, but it can be as plugin to mix with MoinMoin!
so so,MoinMoin can running as "can study translation tools";
some people can easy update language word map in MoinMoin page,
to support auto simple translation page to others language!

but for Chinese MoinMoin switch encode, not the translation level!
just like browser switch encode, gb1312 to gbk or to utf-8
just for support different area Chinese people can easy read same page in Wiki;

> > For example, "software" <->
> > 软件(zh-cn) <-> 軟體(zh-tw). Where 软<->軟 could be done by character
> > translation,
> > but 件<->體 couldn't. So you have to do word translation before character
> > translation.
> So the character translation not doing word translation before would
> make no sense?
> That would mean we can't do it at all.

Yes! auto translation Chinese word in diff. encode,not need the word map,
aslo need support "Chinese slpit word",this function is very hard for
programming!
i suggest not support in MoinMoin core,
just waiting for plugins.

> > As I know, MediaWiki is capable of doing word and character translation.
> > However, sophisticated system should do more, such as context
> > analyzing. But
> > it is another story.
> See above: completely out of scope of a wiki engine implementation.
>
> We don't do german to english translation either...
yes! we all agree, just for Chinese, the very intresting and especial condition,
MoinMoin can easy support the Chinese letter auto switch diff encode,
so we need support.

thanx for all

--
"""Time is unimportant, only life important!
blogging  :  http://blog.zoomquiet.org/pyblosxom/