[Moin-user] "Trusted" and "Known" not working after migration

Greg Ward gward-moin at python.net
Mon May 15 10:10:07 EDT 2006

Hi -- we've just moved our Moin installation from one server to another.
We installed Moin from scratch on the new server because we wanted to
use /usr/bin/python instead of a custom-built /usr/local/bin/python, and
we moved the data from /usr/local/share/moin to /var/share.  (I think we
made a minor upgrade from 1.5.1 or 1.5.2 to 1.5.3 ... but I can't
actually figure out what the old version was, so I'm not sure about
that.)

This is a private wiki -- all access requires authentication.  We use
HTTP auth, so all users should be "Trusted" all the time.  Thus, we have
this in wikiconfig.py to make sure that all users have full access once
they are authenticated:

    acl_rights_before = u"AdminGroup:admin,read,write,delete,revert"
    acl_rights_default = u"-SalesGroup:read,write,delete,revert,admin Trusted:read,write,delete,revert All:read"

This worked fine on the old server for several months.

Now, after migrating to the new server, non-admin users have lost
write/delete/revert access, i.e. they can read but not modify anything.