[Moin-user] creating pages with a given acl

Michael P. Soulier msoulier at digitaltorque.ca
Mon May 8 06:15:05 EDT 2006

On 08/05/06 Robert Schumann said:

> You're quite right, if they don't have admin rights on that page they
> won't be able to save it - even if they start with a template that says
> "All:admin".  Since the page doesn't yet exist, it will use default
> rights.
>
> This feature seems to be requested occasionally; should a page inherit
> rights from the template used to create it?
>
> You may be able to use a +Known:admin right in the acl_rights_before or
> Known:admin in acl_rights_after to do something like this (caveat
> emptor: I don't know if that is sensible).  Or you could pre-create a
> bunch of pages that they are allowed to edit, admin and rename.

At the moment I'm precreating pages, or changing Acls for existing pages. I
was hoping for a simple way to create a template for this. I could give admin
rights to everyone, since it just allows them to edit Acls, but I'd have to
change the defaults in moin_config since at the moment, I also give other
rights to those in an AdminGroup.

I suspect that admin rights should be renamed to acl rights, since admin is
not really a superuser.

Mike

direction." --Albert Einstein