[Moin-user] Need help with py2exe-wiki

Thomas Heller theller at python.net
Wed Jun 21 12:46:05 EDT 2006

I've always tried to keep up with spam in the py2exe-wiki:

http://starship.python.net/crew/theller/moin.cgi/FrontPage

reverting spam changes as soon as I see it.  Then, I inserted the
ip-address of the spammers into the hosts_deny list in the
moin_config.py file.

So far, it has worked well with not too large effort.

Now, it seems that the same spammer, coming from a different IP address,
managed to make the frontpage write protected. I' do not know how this
can be reverted - the moinmoin instance that runs is very old.
Probably the best solution would be to upgrade to a newer version,
but I hope the new py2exe-maintainer can supply his own wiki now.

Is there a chance to make the whole wiki write protected, so that nobody
can change it any more?

Thomas