[Moin-user] Group & ACL

Arp moin.askthem at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 21:27:46 EDT 2006

Hi Xavier,

> I would like to know if it is possible to use acl for groups :
>   - I would like to create a page name Group1
>   - In the page Group1 I inscribe a list of user
>   - All the member of Group1 has several rights on several pages.

This is exactly what ACLs are designed to do, but please note that you
may have a problem with the name Group1 depending of the setting of
the variable page_group_regex in wikiconfig.py (or other config file).

I think the standard setting is:  page_group_regex = u'[a-z0-9]Group$'

That means any pagename ending in "Group", so "Group1" does NOT match,
but something like MyFirstGroup  _does_ match.

Did you find  http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/HelpOnAccessControlLists  ??

After you create the proper group file you can then either set the acl
for that group on a per page basis or assign global rights to the
group with the acl_rights_xxxxx settings in your config file.

Does that answer your question?
Saludos
--
Arp