[Moin-user] MoinEditorBackup

Roger Haase crosseyedpenguin at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 14 17:25:21 EDT 2006

--- Mohacsi Janos <mohacsi at niif.hu> wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Jul 2006, Roger Haase wrote:
>
> > When trying to recover lost edits after to a browser crash, the
> title
> > search box does not find the MoinEditorBackup page.  I think I
> tried
> > all the possibilities with UserName, UserName/MoinEditorBackup,
> > UserName(2f)MoinEditorBackup etc.
> >
> > The only way I can locate the page is to use FindPage and type
> > UserName/MoinEditorBackup in the Go To Page search box.
> >
> > Is this working as expected?  Other subpages are found by typing
> only
> > the base name in the title search box.
>
> No chance, unless you did several preview during editing - you can
> find
> the the previous preview as a backup in the underlying filesystem.

I guess I wasn't clear -- I haven't lost any edits, this is a usability
question.  Should a user without access to the underlying file system
lose edits, the only way I can find that allows the user to recover the
lost edits by himself is to go to FindPage and type
"UserName/MoinEditorBackup" in the Go To Page search box.

Is there a design issue here -- why can't a user type type his name in
the title search box and see his home page with MoinEditorBackup listed
as a subpage?  Or am I missing a more obvious way to access the saved
backup?

Roger Haase