[Moin-user] tableclass / tablestyle

Robert Schumann robert at cantab.net
Thu Jan 19 02:17:02 EST 2006

Bryan Weingarten wrote:

<snip>

> ||<tableclass="noborder" tablestyle="background-color: aqua">noborder
> and aqua||Two||
> ||Three||Four||
>
> all three tables work correctly with moin 1.3 and 1.5.0_beta_4.  the
> last table fails with moin 1.5.0 GA.    i just tested the desktop
> edition 1.3 and 1.5.0-1 and the last table also fails only with
> version 1.5.0-1.
>
> the problem i'm seeing is with the generated HTML
>
> table1 correctly generates a table element with the correct class
> attribute:
>
> table 2 also correctly generates a table element with the correct
> style attribute:
> table 3 incorrectly generates a table element.  it assignes the class
> atribute to the value of the style attribute and doesn't even write
> the style element.
>

> since this worked correctly in other versions of moinmoin this might
> be a bug in the latest GA version unless there is some new way to do
> this now.

I can't help you solve this, but I can confirm that I have seen this
behaviour as well.  Specifically, I had a table with wiki markup

||<tablestyle="float:right; background:#F1F1ED; margin: 3em;"
style="text-align:center; padding:0.5em;"> attachment:4by4.jpg ||

which rendered perfectly in 1.5.0_beta4, but in 1.5.0 (I updated on
Monday) all of the wikistyle was ignored - in particular, the table
wasn't floated.  When I changed the table to

||<tablestyle="float:right; background:#F1F1ED; margin: 3em;">

it worked fine.  I wasn't sure if this was due to my own screwup in the
upgrade or whether it was a bona fide bug.

Robert.