[Moin-user] ACL problem

Mohacsi Janos mohacsi at niif.hu
Sat Feb 11 03:25:16 EST 2006

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006, Schwols, Keith C wrote:

> I don't believe you wanted "-CoGroup:write,delete,revert,admin in your
> #acl on the page. That takes away edit priviledges for the
> User1,...User5.
>
> From the HelpOnAccessControl wiki page
>
> #acl +All:read -SomeUser:admin SomeGroup:read,write,admin
>
> +All:read means that when any user is requesting read right, it will be
> given and processing stops. In any other case, processing will continue.
> If admin right is queried for SomeUser, it will be denied and processing
> stops. In any other case, processing will continue. Finally if a member
> of SomeGroup is requesting some right it will be given if specified
> there and denied, if not. All other users have no rights, except when
> given by configuration.
>
> Notice that you probably won't want to use the second and third examples
> in ACL entries of some page. They're very useful on the site
> configuration entries though.
>

> Try it without the leading '-' on CoGroup.
Hello,

Yes I don't want that CoGroup to add others to CoGroup.

Probably you missed my problem.

My main problem is that member of CoGroup cannot edit the main pages (not
the CoGroup page) in spite of the

acl_rights_before = u"adm:read,write,delete,revert,admin \
CoGroup:read,write,delete,revert"
acl_rights_default= "All:"

Thanks for any help.

Janos Mohacsi
Network Engineer, Research Associate
NIIF/HUNGARNET, HUNGARY
Key 00F9AF98: 8645 1312 D249 471B DBAE  21A2 9F52 0D1F 00F9 AF98