[Moin-user] broken/changed behavior for RecentChanges in 1.5.6

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Sun Dec 31 08:12:27 EST 2006

On Sat, Dec 30, 2006 at 09:26:57PM -0800, Max Campos wrote:
> On Dec 30, 2006, at 6:43pm, Sean Dague wrote:
> > The RecentChanges page in Moin 1.5.6 appears to only be providing
> > the *last*
> > change on each page in the listing.  A good example of this is here:
> > http://mhvlug.org/RecentChanges?max_days=14.  The page
> > http://mhvlug.org/Welcome has been modified many times in the
> > window shown,
> > but only the most recent one is listed.
> >
> > Is there an easy change to get the previous behavior where multiple
> > changes
> > per page are shown?
>
> This was intended.  See the discussion here:
> http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/MoinMoinBugs/RecentChangesIsBroken
>
> ... and my patch (if you desire) here:
> http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/MoinMoinPatch/LessConfusingRecentChanges

Thanks very much.  The current RecentChanges behavior was driving me nuts,
as I use RecentChanges like a source code management system's "history"
command.

I'm sad to see the maintainers appear to be wed to the current behavior, as
I've gotten plenty of user complaints from my wikis (beyond just me) after
this change occurred. :(

	-Sean