[Moin-user] Config error - default editor

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 05:32:37 EST 2006

On 12/18/06, Tom Chance <tom.chance at bioregional.com> wrote:
> Ahoy,
>
> I've just installed the latest version of Moin and it's running nicely
> on Windows + MySQL + Apache. But I keep getting the following error when
> setting this option, as suggested in the help section:
>
> Option:
> editor_default = 'gui'
>
> Error:
> SyntaxError: invalid syntax (wikiconfig.py, line 142)

Check the wikiconfig.py file for tab characters in line 142. Python is
indentation sensitive and treats tabs as 8 characters. So if you're
using a tab setting of 4 characters, the file will *look* lined up,
but will not be to Python - and indentation errors are syntax errors
to Python.

Best bet is to never use hard tab characters in Python code.

Paul.

PS Apologies if you're a Python programmer, and this is all obvious to
you and your issue is entirely different... :-)