[Moin-user] MoinMoin on PocketPC

Michael Krause vido at gmx.li
Fri Aug 18 00:48:37 EDT 2006

> > I really like the MoinMoin wiki engine. I would like to use it on my PC
> and my PocketPC. Anyone tried to install it on PPC? There is a version of
> Python for the PocketPC, so I thought it might be possible to create a
> special version.
>
> Hey, very good idea that I had as well. MMDE worked for me (after
> installing the Python for Pocket PC of course) with the following lines in
> moin.py:
>
> # monkey-patching for Python CE
> os.X_OK = os.R_OK
> os.name = "nt" # should be fixed in other parts of the code
> import errno
> errno.EEXIST = 183
>
> I plan to integrate those changes into MMDE some time so that you don't
> need to patch it anymore. Feel free to file a bug if you see other
> breakages on this platform.

Alexander,

this sounds really interesting.

At the moment I can't try it, but I'm very curious: Once Python and MMDE installed on the PocketPC, is it possible to access MMDE with the Pocket Internet Explorer (or Opera or Moz Minimo)? Wiki pages can be read and changed?

This would be really great!

After a successfull installation there is only necessary some sync functionality from and to my destop PC.

Greetings,

Michael