[Moin-user] Does this security setup sound good?

Kenneth McDonald kenneth.m.mcdonald at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 25 11:54:05 EDT 2006

Thomas was right about my first message, I used a sloppy shorthand. Let
me try to be more succinct and accurate in the description of my setup:

  1) "acl_before" grants all rights to our AdminGroup
  2) "acl_default" grants read-only rights to all users.
  3) The AdminTemplate uses "All: " to grant no writes to everyone.
Therefore, AdminGroup can access these pages via the rights in
"acl_before", but no one else can use them, not even see them.
  4) The EditorsTemplate uses "EditorGroup:read,write,delete,revert
All:read" to allow editors to edit "official" pages, and everyone else
to read them
   5) The PublicTemplate uses "Known:read,write,delete,revert All:read"
to allow known users to edit public pages, and everyone to read them.

"acl_after" is currently blank.

This provides three levels of pages: admin, which are completely closed
off except to admin users; "official" documentation pages, which can be
edited by admin users and specified trusted editors, and read by
everyone; and "public" documentation pages, which can be edited by all
known users, and read by anyone.

So to return the original question; can anyone suggest a better way to
set this up to achieve the same effect?

And, is there any way to disable the option that allows creation of a
completely blank page? I've gone through multiconfig.py, but my brain is
shrinking as I get older, and I can't hold all of the various options in
it at the same time :-(.

Many thanks,
Ken