[Moin-user] switch off dns or ip display in history

Nir Soffer nirs at freeshell.org
Mon Apr 24 02:47:04 EDT 2006

On 24/04/2006, at 09:17, solo turn wrote:

> can we somehow switch off the dns or ip display in recent-changes? or
> reduce it so people may stay somehow anonymous and do not fear chinese
> government will go after them if they put something wrong into a wiki?

I guess the only way is to replace some code. Since RecentChanges is a
macro - you can replace it with your own macro. Copy
MoinMoin/macro/RecentChanges.py to your
wiki/data/plugin/macro/RecentChanges.py, then remove the dns check and
ip address and replace with "anonymous", or "NA".

You may want to do the dns check or show the ip if the user is the
superuser or has admin rights.

Best Regards,

Nir Soffer