[Moin-user] Running MoinMoin as a Windows service

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 05:28:54 EDT 2005

On 10/20/05, Craig Johnson <CPJohnson at edcon.co.za> wrote:
> Interesting, more from the point of view that you managed to do it.
> Any reason why you did not use FireDeamon or equivalent?

Simply because I don't have it (or equivalent) installed. This script
requires nothing extra to be installed (OK, I need pywin32, but I
don't believe in the existence of Windows boxes with Python installed
but not pywin32 :-))

Also, it seems a common requirement to me, and I'd like to see a
solution shipped with Moin. I can imagine that happening with a Python
script, but not with something that requires additional software.

Paul.