[Moin-user] Unable to stop this cretin

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Mon Oct 17 08:36:35 EDT 2005

    Nir> I suggest making the wiki editable only to known users as a
    Nir> temporary fix:
    Nir>      acl_rights_default = 'Known:read,write,revert,delete All:read'

Thanks, I've done that.  Is it possible to get a more helpful message than

    You are not allowed to edit this page.

when people who aren't logged in try to create pages?  I do have a
potentially boundless supply of page creators, mostly musicians or their
representatives (that is, not propeller heads like us).  They will come from
the main Mojam site.  In essence, I'm automatically creating the wiki page
links for the yet-to-be-created pages.  They follow them then create the
page.  I need some way to tell them nicely (as early as possible) that they
need to create a userid on the wiki.  Perhaps 1.5 will be structured a bit
differently so I can customize that initial edit page?

    Nir> Then the best solution will be to investigate why antispam does not
    Nir> work on your system, since it seems that no other developer has
    Nir> time for this now.

I'll try to take a look at this when I have a chance.

Skip