[Moin-user] installing a parser

bill page linpage at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 14 11:02:11 EDT 2005

thanks to all.

Not sure what I did, but it suddenly started working.  I'm sure I had taken twisted down in prior tests, but that is the closest thing that would appear to be a variable.

Unfortunately, wasn't really what I wanted.  I was looking to use html for the table but use wiki for other stuff (link wikinames).  Make sense that it didn't work, Oh well.

Does anyone know of something gives a little more table control but still within the 'standard' playground?  At least at the moment all I wanted to do was to force a column width.  It is a table with 3 cols; a wikiname link, date, description.  As the description can be long the rendering wraps the link and date.  The date ends up particularly ugly.

tia

bill page

Thomas Waldmann <tw-public at gmx.de> wrote:
> relatively new to MoinMoin here. I like it a lot. I'm using the beta
> (1.3.4). I've also installed twisted.

1.3.4 was released long ago and even 1.3.5, too.

If you want to run something unreleased, use 1.5 :)

> I am trying to install the html parser so I can get more control over
> tables and am having trouble doing that. I thought I could just drop
> the html.py code into both the moin and mywiki parser directories. That
> doesn't work. I notice that I have an html.py but no html.pyc at this
> point so I'm guessing it's never calling the code.

Or it has no write rights as the web server user.

> Is there some registration or configuration change I need to do? I
> can't find any real discussion on how to install this sort of thing.
> Oh, I have seen sort discussion that some versions are different in that
> they are using a 'write' statement vs a 'print' statement.

request.write for outputting stuff and using the formatter for
formatting stuff is the way to go.