[Moin-user] ACL question

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Tue Nov 29 23:42:02 EST 2005

>    # All acl_right_xxx must use unicode [Unicode]
>    acl_rights_before = "Maurice Lucas:read,write,delete,revert,admin"

acl_rights_before = u"MauriceLucas:read,write,delete,revert,admin"

(see that "u" and the missing blank)

> name=Maurice Lucas

Maybe delete that blank to have less trouble and more comfort.

> This user doesn't receive admin rights but if I include
>    allowed_actions = ['DeletePage', 'AttachFile', 'RenamePage']
> Then I'm able to Delete a page.

In moin 1.3, you must do that additionally to ACLs.

moin 1.5 will default to allow that actions (and check appropriate ACLs
like read/write/delete/...) and only disallow those actions if you
exclude them.

> Why ain't I'm able to delete without this allowed_actions line?

Because the code checks it in 1.3. This is a relict from pre-ACL times
which we removed for the default case in 1.5.