[Moin-user] plugin user auth

Michael Matthews mjmatthews1 at rcn.com
Fri Nov 18 13:44:02 EST 2005

I have setup Moinmoin 1.5beta3 on my site. I am a long time
perl/javascript/cgi developer but am python/moinmoin newbie. Have been
c/c++ developer for many years but it has been awhile. OO code is great
and everything but at first it is little obscure.

There is already a login mechanism that is used at my site. Essentially
all users will be logged in using a cookie mechanism. cookie contains
user information. I need to do the following:

1) insert cookie retrieval in moin.cgi.
2) plugin cookie info to moinmoin user info.
3) remove login stuff from wiki.

cookie retrieval is something like this pseudo code:

get cookie;
if (no cookie) { window.location = "cookie_url"; } // retrieve cookie at
secure site and return with cookie.
get cookie value.

I see auth.py,user.py,userform.py is doing something with cookies and
user info.

Anyway any help as to how to go about doing this would be helpful.
I don;t know if this relates to the Action plugin method.

thanks