[Moin-user] Help w/ Moin latex parser/macro

Brandon Kuczenski bkuczens at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Nov 4 20:39:53 EST 2005

On Fri, 4 Nov 2005 skip at pobox.com wrote:

> (Apologies for asking a TeX/LaTeX question here, but I'm doing this in the
> context of Moin and have no hooks of any kind into the TeX community...)
>
> It's been a *long* time since I used/installed LaTeX, but we concluded we
> needed more math muscle on our wiki than native Moin could provide.  I
> installed Johannes Berg's latex macro/parser for Moin and LaTeX from the TeX
> Live ISO image.  I wormed around a couple 2.3 dependencies in
> parser/latex.py (this particular web server is still running 2.2.2).  Now
> I'm stumped getting LaTeX to process Johannes' simple example:
>
>    [[latex(\usepackage{dsfont} % $$\mathds{C}$$)]]
>

> No image output is displayed inline.  Rummaging around I found a .tex file
> containing:
>
>    \documentclass[12pt]{article}
>    \pagestyle{empty}
>    \usepackage{dsfont}
>    \begin{document}
>     $$\mathds{C}$$
>    \end{document}
>
> Running LaTeX directly on that complained about a missing dsfont.sty.  I
> can't find that file anywhere in the TeX Live installation (/usr/TeX).  I'm
> probably missing something basic, but what?

You're right, of course - it sounds like what you're missing is the
dsfont.sty package.  CTAN (the Comprehensive TeX Archive Network) has all
TeX packages, and doublestroke is here:
http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/doublestroke/

All you have to do is "add it to your TeX directory tree" which, depending
on what you're used to, might be considerably trickier than it sounds (TeX
is a wonderful program, but I still haven't found a way around manually
installing every file from a new package).

If you need assistance with that, feel free to contact me off-list.

Incidentally, your code sample compiles fine on my system.

Good luck,
Brandon

--
Brandon Kuczenski