[Moin-user] Problem with being logged out in some cases....

David Cramer (Tech Pubs) dcramer at motive.com
Fri Jun 17 15:44:47 EDT 2005

We have a couple of moinmoins running on our intranet and like them very
much, but have noticed one problem. If you login via the url
http://hostname/wiki (either by bookmarking a page with your pickle or
by going to the UserPreferences page and using your pw), then all is
well. However, if you use http://hostname.motive.com/wiki, then often
you are logged back out as soon as you browse to another page in the
wiki. Sometimes deleteing some cookies (i.e. ones related to motive.com)
helps a little. Does anybody know what causes this or how to keep it
from happening? Sure we can generally log in using hostname rather than
hostname.motive.com, but if you come to the wiki from, e.g. a search
using our intranet-wide search appliance or any link that has
hostname.motive.com, then you're immediately logged out. Below is my
SystemInfo page.

Thanks,
David

		Python Version
		2.2.2 (#1, Feb 24 2003, 19:13:11) [GCC 3.2.2 20030222
(Red Hat Linux 3.2.2-4)]
		MoinMoin Version
		Release 1.2.3 [Revision 1.186]
		4Suite Version
		0.11.1
		Number of pages
		288
		Number of system pages
		101
		Number of backup versions
		1402
		Accumulated page sizes
		1286958
		Entries in edit log
		1976 (229484 bytes)
		Event log
		6071078 bytes
		Global extension macros
		AbandonedPages, BR, FootNote, Form, FullSearch, GetText,
Include, Navigation, OrphanedPages, PageHits, PageSize, RandomPage,
RandomQuote, RecentChanges, ShowSmileys, StatsChart, SystemAdmin,
TableOfContents, TeudView, WantedPages
		Local extension macros
		NONE
		Global extension actions
		AttachFile, DeletePage, LikePages, LocalSiteMap,
SpellCheck, links, rss_rc, titleindex
		Local extension actions
		NONE
		Installed processors