[Moin-user] Java exception when attempt to edit existing drawing

Brandon Kuczenski bkuczens at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Aug 31 08:08:04 EDT 2005

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005, Thomas Waldmann wrote:

>> We are using moin version 1.3.1 under Apache. We can create a new drawing
>> using the drawing:drawing_name syntax, but when we return ...
>
> Maybe just try on http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/WikiSandbox if it
> happens there, too. Maybe check different browsers/java versions.
>
> If it happens there, too, please file a bug.
> If not, just upgrade to 1.3.5 :)

I don't know if there's a bug filed, but this is listed in the TWikiDraw
discussion:
http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Plugins/TWikiDrawPluginDev

The problem is caused by a text object containing a newline.  When the
user enters a newline into a text object, it generates a spurious ^M in
the source which confuses the .. uh, parser?  I found that I could get the
drawing to load if I edited the .draw file by hand and removed the newline
syntax.

This is actually the reason I subscribed to this list, but I think it's a
TWikiDraw problem rather than a MoinMoin problem.

--
Brandon Kuczenski
Department of Mechanical Engineering