[Moin-user] Re: [MayaVi-users] Re: MayaVi Wiki vandalism

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu_r at users.sf.net
Thu Nov 25 09:00:05 EST 2004

    SH> Hi all, (I cc'ed this to moinmoin) I would expect the
    SH> "moinmoin community" would/should have a rather generic
    SH> solution for this.  Requiring logins might be an easy fix,
    SH> that we (assumingly) could all live with. (How hard is this to
    SH> install !?)  To go back in the "revision history" for each
    SH> page to a point that does not contain spam words sounds like a
    SH> "fun" script to write - ONCE-AND-FOR-ALL - and then it could
    SH> be shipped with moinmoin.

There are a bunch of options I believe:

 http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de:8000/AntiSpamFeatures

I am not sure which is the best way to go.  For now I am more or less
forced to use an older version of MoinMoin because the SF.net servers
run Python-1.5.2.  I believe an upgrade is in the works.  I can then
try and upgrade the version I use and see if any of the anti-SPAM
features can be used.

cheers,
prabhu