[Moin-user] Hostname

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Thu Nov 18 09:02:58 EST 2004

> I have set up a moinmoin wiki on a privacy related website.
> https://www.panta-rhei.dyndns.org/pantawiki
>
> I have set show_host = 0 to avoid giving away the IP/hostname of people
> working on the wiki.
> I wonder if it would be possible to show the UserName if a logged in User
> makes changes?

I think in current code, you can only decide to have that
IP/Hostname/Username column or not.

> So if someone makes changes anonymously show nothing or "Anonymous", if the
> guy was a registered User show the Username.

The problem is that you can't find out about people spamming the wiki or
doing illegal stuff (except maybe via the logs).

> Is that possible?

Currently only by changing the code.

I will discuss that on the channel, maybe we can change it in 1.3 -
although it is a bit late for that....