[Moin-user] Howto install local extension macros -SOLVED!

Johannes Kilian Jo.Kilian at gmx.de
Tue Nov 2 03:10:08 EST 2004

On 02/11/04 Michael P. Soulier said:

> Why did you have to create any directories at all? You should have
> copied the original install's data directory to your wiki instance.

Good question - that brought the solution.

I removed the plugin directory from my wiki - since I was young and innocent
;-) and I didn't realize what they are good for ...

Therefore I created them manually - and copied the _init_.py files into the
subdirs (macro, action ...).

But ... what I missed to do, was to copy the _init_.py file into the
"toplevel" plugin directory (where the macro, admin ... subdirs reside).
Doing this, everything works as it should ... (I recognized this, by
comparing my plugin-directory with the default one installed in
...\python\share\moin\data\plugin - which I wasn't aware to be present ...)

Thanks for the - indirect - hint

Johannes

GMX DSL-Netzanschluss + Tarif zum supergünstigen Komplett-Preis!