[Moin-user] install prob on win2k

Jim Peterson jpeterson at ainet.com
Fri May 21 11:34:01 EDT 2004

ActiveState python 2.3.2
Win2k Pro SP4
Apache 2.0

browsing all of http://moinmaster.wikiwikiweb.de/HelpForBeginners in vain.

Running http://localhost/mywiki?test yields:

MoinMoin CGI Diagnosis
======================

Package "MoinMoin" successfully imported.

Traceback (innermost last):
   File "C:/moin/moin121/wiki/cgi-bin/moin.cgi", line 23, in ?
     request = RequestCGI()
    File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\MoinMoin\request.py", line 503,
in __init__
     RequestBase.__init__(self, properties)
    File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\MoinMoin\request.py", line 63,
in __init__
     self.dicts = self.initdicts()
    File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\MoinMoin\request.py", line 223,
in initdicts
     dicts.scandicts()
    File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\MoinMoin\wikidicts.py", line
253, in scandicts
     pagelist = wikiutil.getPageList(config.text_dir)
    File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\MoinMoin\wikiutil.py", line 275,
in getPageList
     pages = os.listdir(text_dir)
  WindowsError: [Errno 3] The system cannot find the path specified:
'data\\text/*.*'

I get the same results running moin.cgi from the command line as
moin.py.  Obviously a python issue, rather than apache.  When installing
that 'data' directory, I used Explorer drag-and-drop to copy it, rather
than 'xcopy /e' as indicated by the install guide.  But all permissions
seem to be correct.

I have a 'data/text' directory containing language-specific help files.
  All are full-control to everyone.  I removed the archive flag from all.

Any help appreciated.