[Moin-user] try out: wysiwyg editing moinmoin

Nick Trout nick at rockstarvancouver.com
Fri Jan 30 10:48:13 EST 2004

> I recently started using MoinMoin and absolutely love it!  As a little
> experimental thing I tried grafting HTMLArea the wysiwyg
> html-editor-inside-browser widget, into moinmoin.  take a look!  at
> http://piece.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/wysimoin/moin.cgi

Do you have it set up to save in wiki format? It looks like you've
abandoned wiki formatting and gone over to HTML. This is probably not a
very good idea if someone has a browser that doesn't support HTMLArea,
or would rather edit in wiki format. Other information may be stored in
pages as well, e.g. ACL's, which will want to be edited in text.

A converter would be nice, to return the edited page in wiki format.
Does this involve parsing HTML and converting it back to wiki? This may
not be trivial, or unambiguous.

On the other hand, an HTML to wiki converter could be a very useful
utility for converting mass content to wiki, which saves a lot of
reformatting when you move documents around. For instance you could get
Word docs into wiki by exporting HTML from Word and using the converter.

Mmmmm, I may look into this. Has anyone found such a conversion tool
already?

Nick