[Moin-user] change notification bug?

R. Yu snewdl at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 18 10:33:12 EST 2004

hi all,

I recently installed moinmoin (version 1.1),
and I have to say that it's a
very impressive piece of work.
Good work, folks!

I think I've detected a problem with
the change notification by e-mail:

I am running moinmoin on a Linux server
inside my internal network.  the wiki is
externally visible via www.bogusurl.com.
say I have a WikiPage, and multiple
people are subscribed to ths page.

if I modify WikiPage from the internet,
then the notification e-mail says that
a change occurred in
  http://www.bogusurl.com/wiki/WikiPage
this is the proper behavior, because recipients
can go to this URL and be directed to
WikiPage.

if I modify WikiPage from behind my firewall
(e.g. from machine pc2.bogusurl.com), then
the notification e-mail says that the change
occurred in:
  http://pc2.bogusurl.com/wiki/WikiPage
  (NOT www.bogusurl.com)
this is bad, because recipients will go to
an improper URL and will not find WikiPage.

any comments?

sorry if this has already been covered.  I didn't
see it in the bug list, and it's not clear that
the sourceforge mail archive search is working.

-Rob