[Moin-user] Problems not all solved - permission denied on anything but FrontPage?

Paul English penglish at hydro.washington.edu
Wed Dec 22 19:29:01 EST 2004

So now I'm going for most messages sent in a 1 hour period. My pages come
up themed properly now, but I'm getting permission denied when I click on
any link. The error message in the apache error log is:

[Wed Dec 22 19:17:01 2004] [error] [client 128.95.246.182] client denied
by server configuration: /usr/local/share/moin/docwiki/cgi-bin/moin.cgi,
referer: http://jet/docwiki

This error is the same no matter what page I'm trying to access eg:
http://jet/docwiki/RecentChanges
http://jet/docwiki/FrontPage?action=edit

This time I checked very carefully - yes, moin.cgi is permitted in
httpd.conf:

ScriptAlias /docwiki "/usr/local/share/moin/docwiki/cgi-bin/moin.cgi"
<Directory "/usr/local/share/moin/docwiki/cgi-bin/moin.cgi">
   Order deny,allow
   Deny from All
   Allow from 128.95
</Directory>

(and yes I am coming from 128.95, or it wouldn't have even allowed me to
look at the FrontPage).

Help appreciated and happy holidays all!

Paul