[Moin-user] Wrong time in DateTime

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Wed Apr 28 08:18:21 EDT 2004

> i have noticed, that the wiki DateTime directive works not correctly
> on my Moinmoin Wiki. Its always 2 hours behind the the clock that is
> actually set on the system. Is this some kind of timezone problem, and
> how can i fix it?
>
> date prints:
>
> Wed Apr 28 11:48:14 CEST 2004

This is localtime. The wiki internally represents time in UTC.

> DateTime shows:
>
> 2004-04-28 09:53:09

Did you set your UTC time offset (+02:00) in your UserPreferences correctly?

If there is still the default (+00:00), the wiki shows UTC time and that
currently is 2h less than CEST.

If you didn't log in, but use the wiki anonymously, the wiki cannot know
from which timezone you are accessing it (you could be anywhere on this
planet - or even in space ;) ). In that case, it will simply show UTC.

BTW: if we switch back to winter time later this year, you will have to
manually correct your UserPreferences time offset to +01:00.