[Moin-user] Moin stopped working when moving OS

Anguo linux-tw at masquilier.org
Mon Apr 26 09:43:24 EDT 2004

Hello,

I use MoinMoin on my local machine for some research work.

MoinMoin stopped working: when I try to access a page within
the wiki (installed in localhost) I get a "open with"
dialog box and a blank browser.

This problem came about when I moved the whole operating
system from hda2 from an old hard drive (which died) to
hda1 of the new hard drive. Using an old boot disk, I moved
the whole thing without having started the system. I had to
make some additional  changes (lilo of course, as well as
the nvidia driver that didn't work...) but all in all the
move went well. This wiki problem is one of the most
bothersome problem I am having since.

I use Mandrake linux, and the wiki previously run fine with
Apache before. Apache still seems to be running properly.

I can only think of one change that occured during the move:
/usr was located in the same partition as / in the late
drive (RIP) but is now located on its own partition.

http://localhost/mywiki?test

MoinMoin CGI Diagnosis
======================

Package "MoinMoin" successfully imported.

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/usr/share/moin/augustinwiki/moin.cgi", line 23, in
?
    cgimain.test()
   File
"/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/MoinMoin/cgimain.py",
line 25, in test
    request = createRequest(properties)
   File
"/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/MoinMoin/cgimain.py",
line 20, in createRequest
    return Request(properties)
   File
"/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/MoinMoin/request.py",
line 54, in __init__
    self.groups.scangroups()
   File
"/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/MoinMoin/wikigroup.py",
line 169, in scangroups
    pickle.dump(data, open(picklefile, 'w'))
 IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'data/groups.pickle'

thanks,

Augustin

--
www.masquilier.org
Condorcet, Approval alternative voting.

In order to prevent people from receiving viruses
that would seem to originate from my email,
if you use Microsoft Windows you do not have permission
to add this address to your address book.
If I am in your address book, please remove me.
Of course, this does not apply to GNU/Linux users.
Thank you.