[Moin-user] Re: many wikis one URL (Thomas Waldmann)

Reimar Bauer r.bauer at fz-juelich.de
Tue Oct 14 07:21:02 EDT 2003

moin-user-request at lists.sourceforge.net wrote:

| Today's Topics:
|
|    1. Re: many wikis one URL (Thomas Waldmann)
|
| --__--__--
|
| Message: 1
| Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 18:41:22 +0200
| From: Thomas Waldmann <tw at waldmann-edv.de>
| To: Reimar Bauer <R.Bauer at fz-juelich.de>
| Cc: moin-user at lists.sourceforge.net
| Subject: Re: [Moin-user] many wikis one URL
|

|>I have at the moment four moin wikis.
|>
|>If I switch from one to another I would like to be identified as the
|>same user. How could I setup this? I thought I have read something
|>about this sometime ago.
|

| Use the same data/user/* for them.
|
| If it is only your own single account, then copy / symlink that file, so
| you user will have the same ID in all wikis.
|
| If it should be all users in general, copy / symlink the directory (do
| that only if you can live with wrong trails, as they are stored there,
too).

I have choosen to copy the file because the wikis are on two servers.
Now I have the same user definition on each. But how could I set up an
url or wikiname to get connected to the other one with the same wikiname
(UserName)?

One of the wikis is internal for our institute and the others probably
could be accessed from others too. Now it would be fine if it is easy to
switch to the other wikis without having a new bookmark.

Reimar

- --
Reimar Bauer

Institut fuer Stratosphaerische Chemie (ICG-I)
Forschungszentrum Juelich
email: R.Bauer at fz-juelich.de
~        a IDL library at ForschungsZentrum Juelich
~ http://www.fz-juelich.de/icg/icg-i/idl_icglib/idl_lib_intro.html