[Moin-user] ImportError: No module named MoinMoin (in moin.cgi), Install on OS X

Marijn P. Vriens vriens at ciberania.cl
Wed Nov 19 06:28:28 EST 2003

On Mon, 2003-11-17 at 15:41, Henning Deters wrote:
> Dear List members,
>
> I have now been trying for three days to figure out how I could install
> the MoinMoinWiki on my Macintosh with OS 10.2, Appache 1.3 and Python
> 2.3. Now I turn hopefully turn to yours.

I know nothing of apache or python on a MAC osX so this help might not
be very useful, but since nobody more able has replied to the list, I'll
give it a shot...

First what your problem is, is that python cannot find the MoinMoin
module for loading. that's what the "ImportError: No module named
MoinMoin" is all about. The reason this would happen is that the
MoinMoin directory is not installed in any directory that is listed in
the PYTHONPATH variable.

You talk that you installed python 2.3.. yet in the PYTHONPATH apear
only python2.2 directories, what version of python is the moin.cgi
executing? If you added MoinMoin to a directory of 2.3 and apache is
using 2.2 to execute the .cgi, it won't find it.

Regards,
	Marijn Vriens.