[Moin-user] [[BR]]

Allister MacLeod amacleod at mv3d.com
Thu Dec 18 10:11:04 EST 2003

On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 05:58:14PM +0100, Thomas Waldmann wrote:
> >Is it possible that we can configure MoinMoin so that users dont need to
> >put [[BR]] to achieve a line break? its obscure for new and non-tech
> >users..
> There is rarely a need to use [[BR]].
> If they need it often, they are likely doing something wrong.

What about things like poetry, where you want definite line breaks,
but you want a unitary block of text, not a list nor a set of
paragraphs?  I suppose a {{{ }}} block would do just fine, if the
poets don't mind their work looking like a typescript.

I suppose in such a case (unless there's a nice non-[[BR]] way to do
it that I don't know) it would make sense to have a ReadmeFirst page
in the hypothetical poetry wiki, telling poets with no web savvy to
use [[BR]] for their verses.

Cheers,
 Allister

--