[Moin-user] Permission denied Mandrake 9.2

Michael Reinsch mr at uue.org
Wed Dec 10 14:59:02 EST 2003

Hi!

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 14:07:41 -0800
"" <chrisabrams at neteze.com> wrote:

> I have installed moin 1.1 on a Mandrake Linux box,

You can also use "urpmi moin-apache2" or rpmdrake to install MoinMoin on
Mandrake Linux >= 9.2.

Contrib must be added to the urpmi system though (see
http://plf.zarb.org/~nanardon/) and the version for 9.2 is only nearly
1.1.

> but repeatedly get a permission denied message

Mandrake's apache has a Directory-rule for / to not allow anything, so
you have to allow access to the directory where moin.cgi as well as the
img/css files are installed. If you are unsure how to do that, have a
look at the configuration file /etc/httpd/conf.d/moin.conf from the rpm
mentioned above.

--
  Michael Reinsch <mr at uue.org>                       http://mr.uue.org