[Moin-user] UserPreferences / Access Control

Oliver Stüker revilo at uni-paderborn.de
Mon Dec 1 08:53:03 EST 2003

Thomas Waldmann wrote:

>> I've just updated MoinMoin 1.1 from Revision 1.173 to 1.178 on SuSE Linux
>> 8.2 (Apache 2.xx) and want to protect it from external access. But when I
>> add the follwing lines to the httpd.conf :
>>
>> ScriptAlias /test_wiki     "/home/httpd/test_wiki/moin.cgi"
>> <Directory "/home/httpd/test_wiki">
>> [...]
>>    require user test
>> </Directory>
>
> That should be rather "require valid user" or similar, so that all users
> (or all of a certain group) can login.

Usually I have a group. "test" is just a Test-Login. ;-)

>> MoinMoin doesn't remember my User-Login.
>> The Moin-Account ist properly created and the cookie saved by the browser
>> (Netscape FireBird and IE6).
>> But: the cookie-information is not read by MoinMoin.
>
> Strange. But maybe there is something wrong. A user "test" should not
> get accepted by a moin with ACLs switched on. IIRC, it requires you to
> enter a CamelCase WikiName as username (and also password and email).
>
> So maybe try with "TestUser" (both in httpd.users and MoinMoin account
> data).

Yes, when I have a TestUser in "httpd.users" MoinMoin remembers the login
of "TestUser".

Does MoinMoin really interact with the Apache users? Do they have to be the
same? Is there a way to switch it of (in the config)?

I'd like to have the Users authenticate with their Unix-login-Name (it is
used for some other non-public parts on the server) and have a different
CamelCase Name in the Wiki. Is that possible?

> If it doesnt work, modify your config to know "TestUser" so we can try
> from externally - or meet us on IRC for debugging ;)

What about ICQ?

...Oliver
--
-= Computers are not intelligent - they only think they are. =-

Oliver Stüker
[privat]   Grimmestr. 20 * 33098 Paderborn * Tel: 05251/8728755
[dienstlich] W1.111 * revilo at chemie.upb.de * Tel: 05251/60-5466